Tienda online de plantillas para Wordpres – by Roy GS
Es Themes es el nombre para lo que será una tienda de plantillas Free y Premium de WordPress (+ soporte) enfocado al mercado en castellano. Hay muchos modelos de tienda de “Themes” de este tipo, pero por su sencillez estoy cogiendo como referencia athemes.com.
Principales vectores de trabajo:
– Creación de la tienda online: escaparate de themes y para soporte.
– Creación de un plan de marketing: impresicindible para atraer a los potenciales compradores.
– Creación de plantilla web para publicar en el repositorio de wordpress.org: y así tener un tema gratuito en versión “lite” (modelo de venta “Freemium”) que abandere y atraiga audiencia.
Thank you again for your purchase, if you like Schön, remember to rate it on themeforest!
IMPORTANT: You can find the documentation online here, it might be updated earlier than the version in the package and it might contains more informations.
After you have downloaded and unpacked the whole package from your download area in Themeforest, you can complete installation in two different ways:
Installation via FTP
- Extract the zipped theme pack to a folder on your local computer.
- In the extracted folder you will find schon.zip file. Unzip this file.
- Connect to your host web server using an FTP client.
- Upload the Theme files in a folder called schon to wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress.
Installation via WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New and then Upload Theme.
- Select schon.zip file on your local computer and upload it.
Now you can find Schön theme in Administration > Appearance > Themes and activate it.
I strongly suggest you use a child theme, if you don’t know what is a child theme and how exactly use it in details, you can find a ton of information on google. For now let’s take things easy:
A child theme is actually a new theme, you can install and active it as explained above, the differnece is that it import all files, styles and functions from its parent theme, in this case Schön. It is so useful because allow you to override some parts of the parent theme, without lose the changes after an update.
In the full package that you downloaded from themeforest, you can find a child theme compatible with Schön, just isntall it as you installed the parent theme, and active “Schon child” theme instead of “Schon”. That’s all, now you can continue to use the theme in the same way, nothign is changed.
1. Raccomanded plugins
To enjoy of all features of Schön its raccomanded or required install some plugins. These plugin are already included in the theme, after the activation of the theme, in WordPress Dashboard, it will appear an alert like this:
Click on Begin installing plugins, select plugins that you have to install and then plugins that you have to active.
NOTE: may happens that when you select all plugins and click on “Active” something go wrong and only a part of the plugins is activated, repeat the process until all plguins are activated and the alert disappears.
- Visual Composer:Most famous drag and drop page builder that will allow you to build pages quickly and easily. All pages that you see in demo are builded with this plugin.
- Slider revolution: Slider Revolution is an innovative, responsive WordPress Slider Plugin that displays your content the beautiful way. Whether it’s a Slider, Carousel, Hero Scene or even a whole Front Page, the visual, drag and drop editor will let you tell your own stories in no time!.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin that allows you to sell anything, beautifully. Built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, WooCommerce is the world’s favorite eCommerce solution that gives both store owners and developers complete control.
- WooCommerce Grid / List toggle
: WooCommerce Grid / List toggle is a simple plugin which adds a grid / list toggle button to your product archives allowing users to toggle between grid / list views of your products on your WooCommerce store.
- YITH WooCommerce Quick View: This plugin adds the possibility to have a quick preview of the products right from product list.
- YITH WooCommerce Compare: YITH WooCommerce Compare allows you to compare more products of your shop in one complete table.
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: YITH WooCommerce Wishlist add all Wishlist features to your website. Needs WooCommerce to work.
- PopupAlly PopupAlly allows you to create advanced popup signup forms in under 5 minutes without the need to deal with messy code.
- Woocommerce Color or Image Variation Swatches: Convert your normal variable attribute dropdown select to nicely looking color or image select. You can display images or color in all common size. Display them in round or square mode.
- Categories Images: The Categories Images Plugin allow you to add image with category or taxonomy, it’s used for the title bar background.
- Contact Form 7: This is a plugin that you will need if you want to add the contact form.
2. Import demo data
NOTE: This step is not mandatory, if you don’t want import demo data, you can just go head and skip it.
If you want that your site looks like the live preview of Schön, you can import demo files.
Step 1: Active raccomanded plugins
If you haven’t actived required plugins yet, this is time to do, see this section.
Step 2: Import demo data
- Be sure that all required plugins are installed and activated.
- In dashoboard go to Tools > Import and select WordPress.
- if you have not already installed, wordpress will ask you to install WordPress importer plugin, install it and active.
- Go to Tools > Import, select demo data file from package (schon.xml) and click Upload and import. Wait for upload.
- In the next page, choose if you want import demo author or you want to assign content to another author. Check “Download and import file attachments”.
- Import demo slider. Go in Slider Revolution > Import Slider and select the whole zip file in the demo folder.
NOTE: if you imported also the sample images, may happens that you see some error displayed after the import, like the image below. If you see something like that, just don’t care about it. That error means that some images have not been imported properly, but the image imported ae just dummy content, so there are not troubles about this.
Step 3: Set Menu Locations
Go to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations and set the locations as shown below:
Step 4: Set Homepage and Blog page
Go to Settings > Reading and set Front page displays in this way.
3. Set up Woocommerce page
In order to make work the WooCommerce pages (Shop, Cart, Checkout, etc) you have to properly configue them. If you don’t know how to do, you can find all informations into the Woocommerce documentation.